Summary: In this article, you will learn how to create a new interview template in CodeSignal and edit your existing templates.
- You must be a company admin to create a new template. Company admins can also edit templates for any team and edit templates without a team.
- Users in the manager role can edit existing templates for their teams only.
- Templates apply only to CodeSignal Interview.
- Templates must be toggled on for your company's account. Please contact email@example.com for support.
Create a New Template
1. Log into CodeSignal and navigate to Interview
2. Click the blue TEMPLATES link in the top right.
3. To create a new template, click the + CREATE link in the top right.
4. Next, you will add tasks to your template with the + ADD A TASK button. You can search for tasks by name, filter by type or author, or sort by name. You will need to add tasks to your template one at a time.
5. After you've added at least 2 tasks to your template, you can re-order tasks by clicking and dragging a task above or below others.
6. To delete one or more tasks from your template, click the checkbox to the left of the task(s) and click Delete selected tasks.
7. When you're done making changes, click the green CREATE button in the top right.
Edit an Existing Template
1. Navigate to the Interview page in your CodeSignal account and click the blue TEMPLATES link in the top right.
2. Click the pencil icon to the right of the name of the template you'd like to edit.
3. Here, you can rename your template, assign team ownership, rearrange tasks, add tasks, and remove tasks. (See steps 4-6 in the section above.)
4. Click the green UPDATE button when you're done.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.