Do you have an upcoming technical interview with a candidate that will be performed remotely using CodeSignal Interview? If so, follow the guidelines below to ensure you have a smooth hassle-free interview session. In this article, we cover:
- Confirming you have Interviewer access
- Logging in and exploring the coding environment
- Selecting interview tasks
- Starting the live interview
Confirm you have access to CodeSignal Interview as an Interviewer
In order to access the interview session as the interviewer, you will need to be configured as an interviewer in your company's CodeSignal account. The company admin will need to invite you to join the company's account. You will receive an email invitation, once invited, which will guide you through the process to enable your account in CodeSignal.
Log in and familiarize yourself with the interview tool and coding environment
Once you have accepted the email invitation and successfully enabled your CodeSignal account, you will have the opportunity to view your upcoming interview sessions under the Interview dashboard. Search by Interviewer to filter your scheduled and finished interview sessions.
Find the candidate in your filtered list, then click on the name to access the interview session. If this is your first time interviewing candidates in CodeSignal, we recommend you take a look at the interview coding environment in advance so you are familiar with the tool before the live interview session begins.
Once you click the candidate's name, you will be in the live interview tool. On the left side of the window, you will find three important tabs:
- Description - Selected coding task details and description (visible to candidate)
- Feedback - Area to record feedback regarding the candidate's interview session (not visible to candidate). NOTE: this feature may be disabled if your company requires feedback to be entered into your ATS only.
- ReadMe - Important information regarding coding languages and verdicts (visible to candidate)
At the bottom of the window, you will find three helpful tools to use during the interview:
- Open Whiteboard or Jupyter notebooks - Launch Whiteboard or Jupyter notebooks directly in the interview session
- Tasks and Templates - Select a task from your Favorites library or launch one of the previously created interview templates
- Video icon - Audio/Video capabilities directly within coding environment so you can easily connect with the candidate (optional)
For more details regarding the live interview tools and capabilities, please reference our How to conduct an interview article.
Align with your team and determine what tasks to use when evaluating candidates
Technical assessments are an excellent way to evaluate candidates on a level playing field. It is important to carry over the same unbiased approach when interviewing candidates in a live session. You can stay consistent by aligning with your team before the interview to determine what tasks in the library best assess the skills desired in a new hire.
Once you have determined the types of tasks to use in the interview session, you can favorite them or create an interview template for easy access during the live interview. Review the articles below for further detail on interview tasks and favorites.
- Supported Task Types in Interview
- Adding Tasks to Your Favorites
- Choosing Interview Questions and Templates
Enter the interview session as an Interviewer during the live session
It is the day of the interview and you are wondering how to access the live session. You have two options to access the interview:
Option 1 - Click on the interview URL in your calendar invitation
Click I'm the Interviewer then proceed to login with your CodeSignal interview credentials. If your company uses SSO, always login via the SSO option.
Option 2 - Log into CodeSignal and access the interview via your dashboard
If you are already logged into CodeSignal, or prefer to access interviews from your dashboard, click on the Interview tab. On the interview dashboard, search for your candidate using the optional filters. Click on the candidate's name to enter the interview session as the interviewer.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com