This is a step-by-step guide for integrating CodeSignal with GoodTime. With this integration, you can easily create and add CodeSignal interview session links while scheduling your interviews in GoodTime.
In this guide, you will learn how to:
First, make sure you have the following permissions:
- Your organization must have the APIs & Webhooks enabled on CodeSignal
- You must have the admin role in CodeSignal
- You must have super admin access in GoodTime
Set up CodeSignal <> GoodTime integration
1. From your CodeSignal client dashboard, navigate to the API Keys page (Integrations > API Keys). Click the ADD A KEY button.
2. In the pop-up modal, make sure the liveInterview permission is selected.
3. Copy the API key from CodeSignal by clicking on the key (in blue text).
4. From your GoodTime account, navigate to GoodTime > Settings > Company. Scroll down to the Collaborative Coding section and select CodeSignal.
5. Paste your CodeSignal API key in the input area.
6. Click Save, and the integration set up is complete!
Insert a CodeSignal live interview URL in GoodTime
Here is a video clip demonstrating how to insert a CodeSignal Live Interview URL in GoodTime:
In GoodTime’s Schedule Now workflow, a user can insert variable tokens into the Calendar Invitation body text area.
Variables supported are:
- $Interview.CodeSignal.Live.Link - for a single session live interview
- $Event.CodeSignal.Live.Link - for a panel interview with multiple interviewers’ sessions, where each session needs its own unique live interview URL
When the interview is scheduled, the variable tokens will be resolved into an actual CodeSignal URL.
Note: If an interview session is cancelled, CodeSignal does not support deleting an existing session through their API. In this case, GoodTime will rename the scheduled CodeSignal Interview session and the Description as “DELETED.”
Questions? Contact email@example.com