This article outlines how to leverage CodeSignal’s webhooks functionality to feed CodeSignal Certified Assessment results into a Zapier app of your choice using Webhooks by Zapier.
- You must have a paid Zapier account that provides access to Premium apps.
- You must have Admin permissions in your company’s CodeSignal account.
- You must have access to CodeSignal APIs & Webhooks through your plan.
1. Go to Zapier and create a new zap. When prompted to Choose App & Event, choose the Webhooks by Zapier app.
2. In the drop-down menu for Choose Trigger Event, select Catch Hook. Then, click the CONTINUE button.
To add another layer of security to your integration using the CodeSignal Secret Key, select Catch Raw Hook instead. This requires more advanced knowledge of Zapier.
3. Once the Trigger Event is selected, you will be prompted to Customize Request. Click Copy to copy the Custom Webhook URL to your clipboard.
4. In a separate tab, log into your CodeSignal account and click on your account menu. Select INTEGRATIONS.
5. Click Webhooks in the left navigation bar. Then, click the ADD A WEBHOOK button, which will bring up a pop-up window.
6. In the Add event types field, add certificationResultShared. (See CodeSignal’s API for Developers: Webhooks documentation for a list and description of all event types.)
7. Paste the Webhook URL from your clipboard into the Endpoint field. To confirm the webhook works, click TEST. Then, enter an email address where you would like to receive notifications about the integration. Click CREATE at the bottom of the pop-up window.
8. Return to Zapier and click CONTINUE.
9. To test the Webhook properly, you will need to have a new certification assessment shared with your organization on CodeSignal. The format of the data that CodeSignal will share with Zapier is detailed in the image below (which comes from CodeSignal’s API for Developers: Webhooks documentation).
10. You can add any other steps in your zap utilizing this powerful CodeSignal Webhook.
Here are some of the popular applications that can be used with Zapier: