This article outlines how to leverage CodeSignal’s webhooks functionality to feed CodeSignal Certified Assessment results into Airtable via Zapier. [describe the use case - airtable as ATS. already have list of candidates in airtable with email. Tracking status of codesignal assessments in airtable]
- You must have a paid Zapier account that provides access to Premium apps.
- You must have an Airtable account.
- You must have Admin permissions in your company’s CodeSignal account.
- You must have access to CodeSignal APIs & Webhooks through your plan.
1. Set up a table in Airtable to use for your integration. At a minimum, the table needs to include the following 2 columns:
- Candidate email address: To find the record that you want to match the certification results to. This column should already be populated with the email addresses of your candidates.
- Certification Results: To record the certification data you get from the Webhook. This column will be empty, and will be populated by data from the Webhook.
2. (Optional) Add columns to your table that parse out Coding Score and Coding Results from the CodeSignal Certification Results. The formulas below show how to parse out this information into new columns.
3. Complete the steps for setting up a Webhook from CodeSignal to Zapier detailed in this Knowledge Base article: Connect CodeSignal with Another Application Using Zapier
Find the candidate in Airtable
Writing CodeSignal certification results to an Airtable table that already includes the email addresses of your candidates requires 2 steps in your zap.
- You need to find the candidate from the Webhook data in Airtable - using candidate email address, for example.
- Then, you need to write the certification data from the Webhook to that candidate's record in Airtable.
4. After you have set up a Webhook from CodeSignal to Zapier, Zapier will prompt you to select an App & Event for the second part of the zap setup. Select Airtable in the Choose App field.
5. In the Choose Action Event field, choose Find Record from the drop-down menu. Click the CONTINUE button.
6. If you have already connected your Airtable account to your Zapier, you should see your Airtable account as an option in the drop-down menu. Click CONTINUE.
If you are connecting your Airtable account to Zapier for the first time, read this guide for instructions.
7. After connecting your Airtable account to Zapier, Zapier will prompt you to Customize Record. Select the Airtable Base and Table that you set up in for this integration in step 1 of "Prep."
Then, choose "email" in Search by Field, and select "Payload Candidate Email" from in the Search Value field. This will match the candidate email from the Webhook data to the corresponding record in your Airtable table. Click the CONTINUE button.
Write the data to Airtable
8. Choose Update Record from the drop-down menu.
9. Zapier will again prompt you to Customize Record. Select the Airtable Base and Table that you used in the previous step of the zap.
Then, select "ID" in the Record field to indicate which candidate record you would like to update, and select "Payload Shared Test Sessions" in the Certification Results field. This will allow Zapier to populate the Certification Results column in your Airtable table with CodeSignal certification results pulled from the Webhook.
10. Add any other desired steps in your zap to complete the set-up.