This article outlines how to leverage CodeSignal’s webhooks functionality to automatically send notifications of new CodeSignal Certified Assessment results to Slack via Zapier.
- You must have a paid Zapier account that provides access to Premium apps.
- You must have Admin permissions in your company’s Slack account.
- You must have Admin permissions in your company’s CodeSignal account.
- You must have access to CodeSignal APIs & Webhooks through your plan.
1. Pick or create a Slack channel that you want to send the notifications to - for example, “gca_certification_alerts”
2. Complete the steps for setting up a Webhook from CodeSignal to Zapier detailed in this Knowledge Base article: Connect CodeSignal to Another Application Using Zapier
3. After you have connected your Slack account to Zapier, Zapier will prompt you to select an App & Event for the second part of the zap setup. Select Slack in the Choose App field.
4. In the Choose Action Event field, choose the event you would like to happen in Slack from the drop-down menu. For example, if you want to send the message to a specific Slack channel that will receive the Certification results alerts, choose "Send Channel Message”. Click the CONTINUE button.
5. Next, Zapier will prompt you to Customize Channel Message (assuming this is the event you chose). Select the channel where you would like Webhook data to be shared.
Then, write the message text that will be shared with each Webhook notification, and use Insert Data to select the data from the Webhook you would like to share in your Slack message.
6. Add any other desired steps in your zap to complete the set-up.