You can use CodeSignal and Greenhouse together to both send candidates Pre-Screen coding assessments and Tech Screens, as well as receive the scores in Greenhouse. To implement this integration, you need to authorize CodeSignal to use your Greenhouse account.
The Greenhouse integration with CodeSignal only needs to be completed by ONE user from your company.
- You must be logged in to your CodeSignal account.
- You must have a CodeSignal user type of Admin.
- You must be logged in to your Greenhouse account.
- You must have developer permissions on Greenhouse (specifically, "Can manage ALL organization's API Credentials")
1. Begin by logging in to your CodeSignal account. Navigate to Integrations from your account dropdown in the upper right corner of your dashboard. Or, you can access this page directly from this Greenhouse ATS Integrations page link.
Configure Harvest API Key
2. Be sure you are on the Greenhouse page of CodeSignal's ATS Integrations. In the next step, you will enter a key from Greenhouse into the Harvest API Key field.
3. Open Greenhouse in a new window or tab. From your dashboard, click the Configure (gear) icon in the upper right-hand corner. Then, navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel. From the Dev Center page, click API Credential Management.
4. From the API Credentials page, click the Create New API Key button to generate the API key you'll use in CodeSignal.
5. In the Create New Credential dialog box, make the following selections:
- API Type: Harvest
- Partner: CodeSignal
- Description: CodeSignal Harvest API Key
When finished, click Manage Permissions to generate the Harvest API key and automatically assign it the appropriate permissions required by CodeSignal.
6. In the next dialog box, click Copy to save your API key to your clipboard. Store the API key in a secure location to provide to CodeSignal in the next step. Click the I have stored the API Key button once you have copied and saved the key.
Note: You cannot access the full API key again after clicking I have stored the API Key. If you lose your API key and need to access it later, you must create a new API key, provide it to the integration partner, and then revoke access to the original key.
7. On the subsequent page, confirm the following permissions are assigned to your new API key:
8. Go back to the CodeSignal tab and paste your new API key into the Harvest API Key field of the Greenhouse Harvest modal. Click the SAVE button.
Enter Greenhouse Subdomain
9. Fill in the appropriate Greenhouse subdomain for your account. Your subdomain will be app, app2, or [yourcompany].
Configure Assessment API
10. Navigate to the ASSESSMENT API tab and click COPY to copy the pre-populated CodeSignal Assessment API Key to your clipboard.
Note: You need to give this key to your Greenhouse account manager. Start by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to open a ticket and let them know if you would like to add the Pre-Screen or Tech Screen stage (or both) to your interview plan. The Greenhouse support team will send you a SendSafely link so that you can send the API key in an encrypted format.
Once the Greenhouse support team has uploaded this key to your Greenhouse account, CodeSignal Pre-Screen and/or CodeSignal Tech Screen will be among the available options when you're creating an interview plan in Greenhouse.
11. For CodeSignal Pre-Screen Certify users only: Under Certify Default Senders, specify a team member as the default sender for each of your certified assessments. This is the individual we will specify as the sender in the email invitation for the assessment.
- This only applies to candidates who receive an email invitation to take the Pre-Screen certified assessment directly from CodeSignal or the candidate profile in Greenhouse.
- The individual’s email address will NOT be listed in the email invitation.
12. Click Save. Set up in CodeSignal is now complete!
13. In Greenhouse, you will now be able to add the CodeSignal Pre-Screen and/or CodeSignal Tech Screen stage to the interview plans of your choice. Select a job and click on "Job Setup." Scroll down to Interview Plan and click "Edit."
Click "Add Stage" and select CodeSignal Pre-Screen or CodeSignal Tech Screen. Click "Add" to incorporate sending a CodeSignal Pre-Screen or Tech Screen to your interview plan.
Congratulations! You have successfully integrated your Greenhouse account and your CodeSignal account.
A note on known limitations:
Please be aware of a few functions that are not currently possible due to limitations with the platforms. We will continue to develop the CodeSignal/Greenhouse integration, and hope to provide this functionality as new product enhancements are released by Greenhouse.
Greenhouse allows a single result only per job application.
Evaluation results cannot be updated after they are populated.
There is no way to resend an invitation from Greenhouse.
There is no way to cancel an invitation from Greenhouse.
There is no way to merge two Greenhouse candidate profiles together.
There is no way to track public links within Greenhouse.
There is no synchronization with Greenhouse if you send an invitation from CodeSignal directly (inviting through CodeSignal does not automatically show up in Greenhouse).
There is no way to configure evaluation invitations from Greenhouse — they all have to be done through CodeSignal (i.e. changing invitation completion deadlines).
Questions? Email email@example.com