Summary: In this article, you will learn how manage various user roles and their associated permissions on CodeSignal using our Custom Roles feature.
If you are a CodeSignal Admin user for your company, you can restrict the views and actions of other users by creating custom Roles with various permissions.
There are three default user account types on CodeSignal: Admin, Manager and Interviewer. If needed, you can create variations of these roles by adding and removing specific permissions.
Creating Custom Roles
To create a custom role, follow these steps:
1. In your CodeSignal account menu, click on Accounts.
2. On the Account page, click on Roles.
3. While you can create a brand new role from scratch, the best practice is to duplicate an existing role and make edits to the permissions enabled.
4. Update the title of your duplicated role. One example of a role you can create is that of a Manager with the ability to create Labels.
5. Scroll down to the Test Result Labels section and select the permission, “Can edit result labels for my company.” Be sure to click “Save Changes!”
While you can neither edit nor delete system roles (Admin, Manager and Interviewer), you can edit or delete the custom roles you create.
- If you are going to delete a role, first ensure that no one is assigned to that role first. Otherwise, the assigned user(s) will not be able to access the platform.