CodeSignal’s Product and Engineering teams stayed busy this month with product enhancements across our platform, including a number of exciting changes that make our Advanced Assessment questions more realistic than ever. We’re highlighting two product updates for October:
Improved UI for built-in whiteboard
CodeSignal’s built-in whiteboard, available in our Interview product, enables candidates to communicate their ideas and knowledge of system design visually.
Now, CodeSignal’s whiteboard is even more user-friendly. Rather than requiring a candidate or interviewer to toggle between the whiteboard and the IDE, our whiteboard is now adjustable in your browser. Users can easily drag and resize the whiteboard to suit their working style.
Learn more about our state-of-the-art whiteboard in the support article below:
New Tech Screen candidate portal
We have built a dedicated candidate portal for the CodeSignal Tech Screen product that serves as a “one-stop-shop” for Tech Screen candidates. Candidates can now perform all of the essential Tech Screen tasks—scheduling, rescheduling, canceling, and declining Tech Screen invitations—as well as review their past results and invitations, all in one place.
Learn more about CodeSignal Tech Screen in the support articles below:
Here's a comprehensive list of everything else we pushed live in October, grouped by product area:
- [In Beta] New live interviewing architecture supports progressive questions
- [In Beta] Interview waiting room now shows Settings button
- [In Beta] Clicking “Start Interview” in the Interview waiting room will transition the interview session from a “Pending” to an “Active” state
- [In Beta] Interview reports now look more like Pre-Screen & Tech Screen reports
- Advanced Assessment questions:
- Added support for auto-executing session startup scripts
- Added “go to definition” functionality; available for languages that have multi-file smart autocomplete (C++, C#, java, JS, TS, PY, PY3)
- [Progressive Advanced Assessment questions only] Both candidates and client users now see different icons for new and modified files in the diff view in the IDE
- Diff modal is now fullscreen
- "Template" or "Levels" tab will now always be shown, even when IDE left sidebar is collapsed
- Added tracking for when company users create or add labels in CodeSignal