This July, our Product and Engineering teams made improvements that enhance user experience across all our products. We’re highlighting two updates this month that improve UX for both for interviewers and candidates:
- Automatic expiration time for Interview sessions can now be customized
- Candidates can now upload their ID as part of the proctoring setup
Automatic expiration time for Interview sessions can now be customized
While most customers use a CodeSignal Interview session to conduct just one interview, some prefer to use the same interview link for multiple interviews. Now, those customers can use the same interview session link for more than 24 hours (the previous default expiration time) if they configure a longer expiration window.
The expiration for interview sessions can now be configured for all interview sessions at your company, by interview template, or for each individual interview.
Learn more about customizing the expiration time for interview sessions in the support article below:
Candidates can now upload their ID as part of the proctoring setup
Candidate ID verification is an important step of our proctoring process in CodeSignal Pre-Screen certified assessments (like the General Coding Framework). Previously, candidates were asked to take a photo of their identification using their device’s webcam prior to taking an assessment. For some candidates, however, this resulted in a low-quality image.
Now, candidates have an option to upload a copy of their ID as part of the proctoring process—or take a photo using their webcam, as before.
Learn more about proctoring setup for the General Coding Framework in the following support article:
Here's a comprehensive list of everything else we pushed live in July, grouped by product area:
- Added support for candidate scheduling state changes
- Tech Screen sessions are now prevented from starting early
Pre-Screen - Certify
- All Certify invitation emails will now strongly encourage candidates to reshare their existing scores
- Interview participants will now see an “X” next to the name of the other person they are following in the interview
- Expanded character limit to 50,000 characters for interview feedback notes
- Added new Segment tracking for starting Interview Template creation process
- Candidates can no longer click Submit button before interview session is active
- New screen presents Frameworks to users who are creating custom Tests
- Custom Tests with proctoring support are no longer be presented as Frameworks in the Test product UI
- Added 2 new maturity levels to Frameworks
To learn more about skills evaluation frameworks, visit our website.
- Users can now cancel a slow Run or Submit in the IDE
- Added new Segment tracking for clicking the “View Diff” button in the IDE
- New warning screening discourages candidates from completing an evaluation on their mobile device or in specific browsers (ex: Safari)
- Increased speed of hover-over tooltips to 0.5 seconds
- Once an email domain is company-owned, client users from that company must be invited to join CodeSignal