This guide will walk you through integrating your CodeSignal account with Ashby, allowing you to use CodeSignal Tests as assessments in your interview plans.
- Getting started checklist
- Video Walkthrough
- Add the integration in Ashby
- Get the CodeSignal API Key
- Connect the CodeSignal Webhook to Ashby
- Your organization has a working integration in place with Ashby
- You must be logged in to your CodeSignal account
Getting started checklist
Note: Make sure you can login to CodeSignal and see the “Webhooks” and “API Keys ” sections in your integrations settings panel on the left side . If you don’t see those options, you’ll need to email to request access.
- Open a browser tab with Ashby on the assessments admin page
- Open another browser tab with CodeSignal on the API KEYS page
Add the Integration in Ashby
- Starting from the assessments admin page in Ashby, click Add Integration in the top right. Then, select the CodeSignal integration.
- Once that’s done, you should see a panel to configure keys for the integration. Click the Ashby API Key drop-down to create or select an existing one for this integration.
Note: Copy the resulting API key, if you created a new one, and keep it in a safe place. You’ll need this for the configuration on the CodeSignal side. Also, you’ll return to this page to input your CodeSignal API key once you have it.
Get the CodeSignal API Key
Next, we need to get an API key from CodeSignal, so that Ashby can interact with CodeSignal.
- To set up your CodeSignal API key, navigate to the CodeSignal's API Keys page. (Integrations > API Keys) and click ADD A KEY.
In the Key Description field, type Ashby Integration and click the arrow.
3. In the pop-up modal, make sure the following permissions are selected and click SAVE.
- Copy the API key from CodeSignal by clicking on the key (in blue text).
- Go back to Ashby assessments admin and enter your new CodeSignal API key in the topmost box in the Ashby CodeSignal settings (same place where you started with the Ashby API key setup initially).
Connect the CodeSignal Webhook to Ashby
Next, we’re going to set up the webhook so CodeSignal can notify Ashby about updates to assessments.
Set up a new webhook by navigating to the Webhooks tab in your CodeSignal account.
Click “ADD A WEBHOOK” in the top right.
In the screen that appears, configure the following information:
- Add event types: - companyTestSessionStarted
- Endpoint: https://app.ashbyhq.com/api/codesignal_webhook
- Secret Key: paste the API key you just created from CodeSignal (don't click the refresh button).
- Email: email@example.com (automatically notifies us if this webhook fails).
- Custom headers: add one and set the key as X-Ashby-Api-Key and the value as your API key that you generated in Ashby.
- If all is well, you should be able to click the test button and see a success message. If you run into issues, double check your configuration, and ensure you did the final step from the CodeSignal API key setup, where you save the CodeSignal API key into Ashby.
- Once you’re done, click the create button.