This April our Product and Engineering teams were hard at work making high-impact improvements to both our customer and candidate UI. In this month’s product release note, we’re highlighting two new features that level up customers’ ability to evaluate candidate code. These are:
- Customers and candidates can now view code diffs
- Customers can now follow the candidate’s cursor in coding replays
Customers and candidates can now view code diffs
Diffs allow you to compare two similar code files side-by-side and see how they differ—where new code has been added, for instance, or where variable names have been changed. Now, both customers and candidates can view diffs of a candidate’s code.
For customers, diffs of a candidate’s solutions are viewable both in the Coding Report and in Standalone Solution Mode. This is useful for quickly and easily comparing the candidate’s solution to the starting code state of the question.
Candidates can also view a diff of their own code in the CodeSignal IDE. This can be especially helpful to candidates working on progressive or filesystem tasks, where there are often many changes and content to process.
For more information on viewing diffs in an assessment result, check out the support article below:
Customers can now follow the candidate’s cursor in coding replays
One of the best ways to dig deeper into a candidate’s assessment result is by watching the coding replay. Now, it’s even easier to track what changes a candidate made to a code file with cursor following in replays. Customers will now, by default, follow a candidate’s coding in a replay, without needing to scroll down in the file.
To opt out of following a candidate's cursor, click UNFOLLOW in the bottom left of the replay screen.
For more information on coding replays, check out the support article below:
Here's a comprehensive list of everything else we pushed live in April, grouped by product area:
- Added Tech Screen-specific candidate feedback questions
- Updated Zapier payload to include separate first/last candidate names & Greenhouse candidate data
- Added Tech Screen results to universal search
Pre-Screen - Certify
- Candidates now encouraged to share existing Certify results, if applicable
- Added rule for no searching in multiple choice questions as its own rule
- Network quality check now displays a progressive percentage
- Improved task navigation experience during live interviews
- Task drafts are now saved in local browser storage
- Progressive tasks:
- Filesystem UI redesigned for new and modified files
- Task stats for progressive tasks now shown in product UI
- IDE now navigates to the test case that threw the error when there is a runtime error in a single-function task
- Added admin UI support for creating Frameworks
- Added support for deleting Frameworks
- Added support for editing Frameworks
- Removed the “company page” from client user home dashboard
- CodeSignal support now more discoverable for candidates across Test Center and IDE
- Removed the invite-friends page
- Added two new Segment events: time spent per level in progressive task and time spent per task
- Added Segment tracking for level changes, environment changes, and file creation in tasks