March 2022 marks the first month where we needed not one, but two Product Updates to address all of the exciting upgrades to our platform. You may have heard about Tech Screen in our Product Update published earlier this month—but that’s not all our Product and Engineering teams have been up to. This month we’re highlighting four noteworthy changes that support recruiting teams’ abilities to meet their goals and enhance candidate experience:
- Tech Screen tab added to company dashboard
- Customize Pre-Screen Certify invitation emails & reminders
- Candidates’ code now auto-submitted upon run
- Candidates now undergo network diagnostic test during proctoring set-up
Tech Screen tab added to company dashboard
We can’t help ourselves—this one’s just too exciting not to feature again. CodeSignal Tech Screen is CodeSignal’s full-service technical phone screen replacement that delivers a white-glove experience to candidates while giving time back to engineers.
Now available to all CodeSignal customers as an upgrade, Tech Screens are scheduled interviews conducted live with a trained Interview Experience Manager from CodeSignal.
Learn more about Tech Screen in the support article below:
Customize Pre-Screen Certify invitation emails & reminders
Now, customers can now customize their email invitations & reminders to candidates when sending a Pre-Screen Certify assessment.
Why should you try this? Friendly invitations that use your company’s voice can help improve your assessment completion rate.
Learn more about customizing email invitations & reminders in the support article below:
Candidates’ code now auto-submitted upon run
When candidates begin an assessment on CodeSignal, they are instructed to submit their code upon completing each coding task. But what happens if a candidate runs their code, but forgets to press “Submit”?
Now, a candidate’s code will be auto-submitted each time the candidate runs their code. The impact of this is that candidates who run their code will no longer be penalized for never submitting. This may be especially helpful for candidates who ran a valid solution, but ran out of time before submitting the task. The highest scoring submit will be considered the final solution, whether it was manually submitted or auto-submitted.
Candidates now undergo network diagnostic test during proctoring set-up
CodeSignal recommends that candidates ensure they have a reliable internet connection before beginning an interview or assessment on our platform. However, candidates sometimes do not know the strength of their connection and proceed with a poor connection.
Now, candidates will now run a network diagnosis on their connectivity in the proctoring setup for their assessment. Candidates will not be able to proceed with the assessment if their connectivity is very poor or broken, and will be advised to find a more stable connection if it is diagnosed below “very good.”
Here's a comprehensive list of everything else we pushed live in March, grouped by product area:
Pre-Screen - Certify
- A candidate’s coding score will be automatically adjusted if there is a special accommodation
- Certify guidelines now specify that the candidate’s face should be visible during the whole session
- Added clarification in proctoring setup flow that the candidate must show a valid ID
- Pending Certify requests with candidate accounts that have been recreated are now automatically re-linked
- Expiration date of expired Certify results now shown in CSV download
- Default reminder will now be sent a defined number of days before expiration, rather than 7 days after the initial invitation is sent
Pre-Screen - Test
- Customers can now configure candidate-facing Test titles
- Removed wording in expiration emails stating “Please contact company X” in order to prevent customers from receiving extension requests
- Added dedicated Interview support for Lever
- Enhanced the UX for finishing an Interview by providing more information in the confirmation modal
- “Time spent” value in Interview Reports now takes into account all the time spent on a task during the Interview
- Improved Interview UX by streamlining navigation experience when changing tasks
- Task Library now allows users to filter by many more criteria: task name; task type (Database, DevOps, Filesystem with Unit Tests, etc.); coding format (Code Writing, Bugfix, Recovery); task format (Advanced Assessment, Mobile); supported languages (Python 3, Go, Java, etc.); and testing tool (JUnit Maven, Mocha (JS), etc.)
- Advanced Assessment tasks:
- Users can now search for files in the filesystem in Advanced Assessment tasks
- Users can now restore Advanced Assessment sessions if there was a submission for the task
- Progressive tasks:
- Removed “Next” button in the last level, or if progressive task is the last task in the assessment
- Clarify in UI that candidate has to Submit to unlock next level
- Added platform support for importing progressive tasks from GitHub
- Customers can now run filesystem tasks with hidden tests
- Added horizontal scrolling support for lengthy error messages in the Test case output window
- Improved admin companies page loading speed & filtering functionality
- Added logging to track passed tests for assessments in Certify
- Added a new NPS Sprig survey
- Added Segment tracking whenever a new task has been added or removed from Certify, Test, or Interview Template
- Added new logging to customer activity to more deeply understand how product requests are created on CodeSignal