March 2022 Changes to the CodeSignal Platform
Over the last few years we at CodeSignal have been working closely with many of our customers to better align our solutions to your needs. This month, we are excited to announce two major updates:
- Many of our customers use CodeSignal as a way to pre-screen candidates, especially when dealing with high-volume pipelines. Sometimes they use our Test offering to achieve this, in other cases they use Certify. We have moved both Certify and Test under a tab in your CodeSignal dashboard called Pre-Screen. You’ll still be able to access the products you know and love, they’re just in a new spot.
- We’ve also created a dedicated tab for CodeSignal Tech Screen: a full-service technical phone screen replacement that delivers a white-glove experience to candidates while giving time back to engineers.
Product Update FAQs
Can I keep using Certify and Test as-is?
Yes! You can continue using Certify and Test as you have been. We’ve simply changed navigation to these products--you can now find them under the Pre-Screen tab in your CodeSignal dashboard.
Do these changes impact our ATS integration?
These updates do not impact ATS integrations; there’s nothing you need to do differently!
For customers using Tech Screen, you can follow the same workflow as you’ve been using for any other take-home assessment when inviting candidates to proceed. You’ll simply select “Tech Screen” from the list of possible evaluations to send candidates.
How should I communicate these changes to my tech recruiting team?
You can share the video below with your team to provide an overview of what has changed in the platform.
- All CodeSignal admins have received an email to notify them of the navigation updates.
- All CodeSignal users will see a pop-up notification upon logging into the system that explains what’s changed.
Talk to your Customer Success Manager or Account Executive for recommendations aligned to your organization.
About Tech Screen
What is CodeSignal Tech Screen?
We’ve worked closely with many of our customers to design and test a solution that enables you to replace your first round Technical Phone Screens with CodeSignal Tech Screen. Unlike Pre-Screens, our Tech Screens are scheduled interviews conducted live with an Interview Experience Manager from CodeSignal. Tech Screen includes a series of well-researched interviews with a human-driven experience that both our customers and candidates love.
Customers who are already using CodeSignal Tech Screen have dramatically improved speed-to-hire, increased overall interviewing capacity, and provided their engineers thousands of hours of time back.
Our Tech Screen datasheet (PDF) provides a one-page overview of this offering.
What are Interview Experience Managers (IEMs)?
Interview Experience Managers are responsible for ensuring candidates have a great experience while completing the technical screen questions. They welcome candidates, help them get set up in the platform, and remain (muted) on the line in case the candidate requires tech-support during the session.
The presence of a friendly human in a live interview has resulted in lower candidate drop-off rates and improved candidate experiences for Tech Screen customers and candidates.
IEM’s will not be giving hints or help with questions related to the content.
Are Tech Screens proctored?
Tech Screens are not formally proctored. However, the presence of an Interview Experience Manager acts as a large deterring factor for cheating since it humanizes the experience and does not leave candidates feeling anonymous. Tech Screen also prevents and monitors for cheating with task randomization, consistently-released variations, and plagiarism checks.
Is Tech Screen used for certifications, custom tests or both? How do I know what is the best fit for my organization?
Talk to your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager to explore what option(s) will work best for your organization. At a high level:
- We recommend using Tech Screen to evaluate the skills of engineers in low volume pipelines (ex: senior engineering roles or other hard-to-fill roles). From our experience working with customers, we’ve found that outbound-sourced candidates struggle to make time for a take home assessment, but they are accustomed to scheduling and attending screening interviews with another person--and perform better when someone else is on the line to help them get acquainted with the platform.
- We recommend using Pre-Screen certifications or custom tests to replace resume screens or validate the fundamental skills of candidates in high-volume pipelines (ex: early career talent or generic roles), where it’s critical to identify quality candidates quickly.
Is Tech Screen included in my current plan, or do I need to pay an additional fee for access?
Tech Screen is a premium, full-service offering that is not included in any Certify, Test, or Interview purchases. Please contact your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager if you’d like to discuss adding this product to your CodeSignal platform.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org