This article outlines how to leverage CodeSignal’s webhooks functionality to feed CodeSignal Certify assessment results into Google Sheets via Zapier.
This integration will be useful to you if you are using Google Sheets to collect candidates' results from CodeSignal certified assessments, such as the GCA. By integrating CodeSignal with Google Sheets using Zapier, your candidates' Certify assessment results will be automatically added to a Google spreadsheet that you specify.
- You must have a paid Zapier account that provides access to Premium apps.
- You must have a G Suite account.
- You must have Admin permissions in your company’s CodeSignal account.
- You must have access to CodeSignal APIs & Webhooks through your plan.
1. Set up a spreadsheet in Google Sheets to use for your integration. At a minimum, the table needs to include the following 2 column headers:
- Candidate email address: To record the candidate email address you get from the Webhook.
- Certification Results: To record the certification data you get from the Webhook.
Both columns will be empty, and will be populated by data from the Webhook.
2. Complete the steps for setting up a Webhook from CodeSignal to Zapier detailed in this Knowledge Base article: Connect CodeSignal with Another Application Using Zapier
Write the data to a spreadsheet in Google Sheets
3. Click the + button to add another step to your Zap. For the app, choose Google Sheets. Under Choose App & Event, select Create Spreadsheet Row. Click the Continue button.
4. Next, Zapier will prompt you to choose your Google Sheets account. Select the G Suite account for the spreadsheet you'll be using to record assessment results. Click the Continue button.
5. You'll now be prompted to set up the action you'd like to happen in the spreadsheet. Select the Google Drive, Spreadsheet, and Worksheet where you'd like to send candidates' assessment data.
- For the Email field, select Payload Candidate Email.
- For the Certification Results field, select Payload Shared Test Sessions.
Click the Continue button.
(Note: You'll only be able to select these options if you connected CodeSignal to Zapier using Webhooks in the Prep steps.)
6. Test your zap, and you're done!
Questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com