This article outlines how to leverage CodeSignal’s webhooks functionality to feed CodeSignal Test assessment results into Airtable via Zapier.
Visit this support article you want to send CodeSignal Certify results to Airtable via Zapier.
This integration will be useful to you if you are using Airtable as your applicant tracking system (ATS) and are already tracking candidate contact information in Airtable. By integrating CodeSignal with Airtable using Zapier, your candidates' Test assessment results will be automatically added to Airtable.
- You must have a paid Zapier account that provides access to Premium apps.
- You must have an Airtable account.
- You must have Admin permissions in your company’s CodeSignal account.
- You must have access to CodeSignal APIs & Webhooks through your plan.
1. Set up a table in Airtable to use for your integration. At a minimum, the table needs to include the following 3 columns:
- Candidate email address: To find the record that you want to match the certification results to. This column should already be populated with the email addresses of your candidates.
- Test Score: To record the test result data you get from the Webhook. This column will be empty, and will be populated by data from the Webhook.
- Coding Report: To record the URL to the coding report you get from the Webhook. This column will be empty, and will be populated by data from the Webhook.
2. Complete the steps for setting up a Webhook from CodeSignal to Zapier detailed in this Knowledge Base article: Connect CodeSignal with Another Application Using Zapier
Find the candidate in Airtable
Writing CodeSignal test results to an Airtable table that already includes the email addresses of your candidates requires 2 steps in your zap.
- You need to find the candidate from the Webhook data in Airtable - using candidate email address, for example.
- Then, you need to write the test data from the Webhook to that candidate's record in Airtable.
3. After you have set up a Webhook from CodeSignal to Zapier, Zapier will prompt you to select an App & Event for the second part of the zap setup. Select Airtable in the Choose App field.
4. In the Choose Action Event field, choose Find Record from the drop-down menu. Click the CONTINUE button.
5. If you have already connected your Airtable account to your Zapier, you should see your Airtable account as an option in the drop-down menu. Click CONTINUE.
If you are connecting your Airtable account to Zapier for the first time, read this guide for instructions.
6. After connecting your Airtable account to Zapier, Zapier will prompt you to Customize Record. Select values for the following fields:
- Base: Select the Airtable Base that you set up in for this integration in step 1 of "Prep."
- Table: Select the Airtable Table that you set up in for this integration in step 1 of "Prep."
- Search By Field: Select email
- Search Value: Select Payload Candidate Email. This will match the candidate email from the Webhook data to the corresponding record in your Airtable table.
Then, check the box for Create Airtable Record if it doesn't exist yet? Choose the following the selections for the fields:
- Name: Select Payload Candidate Name
- Test Score: Select Payload Score
- Email: Select Payload Candidate Email
- Coding Report: Select Payload URL
Click the CONTINUE button, then click TEST & CONTINUE.
Write the data to Airtable
7. Click the + button to add another step to your Zap. For the app, choose Filter by Zapier. Under Filter Setup & Testing, choose values for the following fields:
- Choose field...: Select Zap Data Was Found (in the Find or Create Record in Airtable drop-down)
- Choose condition...: Select (Boolean) Is True
Then, click Continue
8. Click the + button again to add another step to your Zap. For the app, choose Airtable. Under Choose App & Event, select Update Record from the drop-down menu. Then, under Choose Account, select your Airtable account.
9. Zapier will again prompt you to Customize Record. Select values for the following fields:
- Base: Select the Airtable Base that you used in the previous step of the zap.
- Table: Select the Airtable Table that you used in the previous step of the zap.
- Record: Select ID
- Test Score: Select Payload Score. This will allow Zapier to populate the Test Score column in your Airtable table with CodeSignal test results pulled from the Webhook.
- Coding Report: Select Payload URL. This will allow Zapier to populate the Coding Report column in your Airtable table with the link to the candidate's full CodeSignal Coding Report pulled from the Webhook.
- (Optional) Name: Select Payload Candidate Name. This will allow Zapier to add or update the candidate's name in your Airtable table to reflect the name associated with their test result.
10. Test your zap, click TURN ON ZAP, and you're done!
Add any other desired steps in your zap to complete the set-up.
Questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com