You can send your candidates CodeSignal assessment invitations directly from iCIMS. Once your candidate(s) complete their assessments, their results will be automatically added to the respective profile(s) in iCIMS. In this article, you will learn how to:
- Invite one candidate to take an assessment from iCIMS
- Invite multiple candidates to take an assessment from iCIMS
- View a candidate's assessment results from iCIMS
- Your organization has completed the CodeSignal <> iCIMS integration set-up
- You must be logged in to your iCIMS account
Invite one candidate to take a CodeSignal assessment from iCIMS
1. In iCIMS, type a candidate’s name in the top-right search bar while the “Person” type is selected in the left drop-down menu. Then, click the link to the candidate’s profile.
2. On the candidate’s profile, you should see a list of Workflows under the Recruit section - these are the jobs the candidate has applied to. If there are none, create one by clicking on the “Submit to Requisition” button on the left sidebar and choose one or more jobs to submit to.
3. Click on the Recruit section header. Select a checkbox on the left to choose the Workflow you would like to use. Then, click Take Action.
4. In the pop-up window that opens, choose a status from the drop-down menu that is pre-configured to trigger the integration. For example, you might choose, “Exercise: Exercise - Take Home.” Then, click Save.
5. This will open a pop-up window with a message from CodeSignal. Click the Confirm or Modify Package button.
6. You will be redirected to the CodeSignal test selection page, where you should see details about the candidate, job, and a drop-down menu to select a test. Choose a test to send. Then, click the SEND INVITATION button. The candidate will receive an email from CodeSignal inviting them to take the test.
Invite multiple candidates to take a CodeSignal assessment from iCIMS
1. In iCIMS, navigate to the job for which you'd like to invite candidates to take a CodeSignal assessment by selecting Requisition in the drop-down menu. Use the search bar to search for the job title.
2. From the requisition (job) profile, navigate to the Detail tab. Click the Edit button in the top left.
3. Scroll down to the SCREENING section of the Detail view. In the Assessment Type field, select the CodeSignal certification or custom test you'd like the use by using the arrows between the Available and Selected fields.
Click Save to save your changes.
Note: Tests created in CodeSignal will automatically populate into iCIMS after about 60 seconds.
4. Navigate back to the People tab for the job/requisition. Expand the view for the Screening phase and check the box to the left of the candidate's name for the candidate(s) to whom you'd like to send a CodeSignal assessment invitation. You may select one or multiple candidates.
5. After selecting your candidate(s), click the green Advance button at the bottom of the screen. In the pop-up, under the Screen category, select CodeSignal Launch.
Note: Your company may use a different name for sending CodeSignal assessment invitations from iCIMS. Please check with your company's integration team.
6. After clicking Advance, you will see a pop-up with a notification that the status has successfully changed.
View a candidate's assessment results from iCIMS
1. From a candidate's profile in iCIMS, navigate to the Screen tab. Then, click on the Assessments section. This will show an assessment result created for the new invitation and includes the following information: test name, sent status, date sent.
2. After the candidate completes the test, the result status will be updated automatically and “Actual Score” and “Max Score” fields will be added to the result. Results can take up to a minute to update on iCIMS.
Questions? Contact email@example.com