Summary: In this article, you will learn how to access Jupyter Notebook during your live interviews.
Jupyter Notebook is one of the most popular tools used to wrangle and analyze data. If you are assessing data scientists, data analysts or machine learning engineers, you can open up the Jupyter Notebook window within CodeSignal’s interviewing tool to conduct your collaborative interview sessions.
- Your organization must have access to CodeSignal Interview
- You must have access to your company's CodeSignal account.
Open Jupyter Notebook
It is simple to open Jupyter Notebook in CodeSignal. First, log into any interview session using your CodeSignal credentials. If you wish to conduct a mock interview to practice, click here to learn more about how to create an interview session.
Once you've entered your interview session, click on the TASKS button. Then, from the QUICKSTART tab select Jupyter.
How to install packages on Jupyter notebook
This page describes how to install a Python package into a Jupyter project.
Hundreds of packages are already installed for several Python environments. Check first if the lib you’re looking for is already installed by trying to import and use it.
- Open the terminal. You can open it while you are working on a Jupyter notebook (see screenshot below).
- Run the command: `pip3 install --user PACKAGE_NAME`
Where PACKAGE_NAME is the name of your desired package (e.g. `pyspark`)
- Go back to the notebook. Restart the kernel to be able to import the newly installed library
4. Insert some code that uses the newly installed library and make sure it runs without errors.
With our Jupyter Notebook integration, you can look forward to accessing all of your favorite Jupyter features right within CodeSignal. To learn more about Jupyter Notebook and how it works, visit https://jupyter.org/.
Close Jupyter Notebook
Once you are done working within Jupyter Notebook, you can go back to tasks by clicking on TASKS button and continue your interview or click the Finish Interview button if the interview has concluded.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.