You can use CodeSignal and Lever together to both send candidates coding assessments and receive the scores directly in Lever.
This article explains the detailed steps to set up the CodeSignal <> Lever integration. Don't forget to check out its related article, Send CodeSignal Certification Requests and Tests from Lever, once you've completed the set-up steps.For CodeSignal Interview, please use CodeSignal Chrome Extension to generate and send new CodeSignal interview sessions in Lever. Check out the following articles:
- Your organization must have the ATS Integration feature enabled on CodeSignal
- You must have a CodeSignal user type of Admin
- Your organization must have the Partner Integrations feature enabled for your Lever account (Professional and Enterprise plan; or Starter plan with Data API add-on)
- You must have a Lever role of Super Admin
- Generate a Lever API Key for the Lever/CodeSignal Integration
- Enter Your Lever Webhook Signing Token to CodeSignal
- Customize the Lever/CodeSignal Integration
- Configure the Candidate Stage Change Webhook in Lever
Generate a Lever API Key for the Lever/CodeSignal Integration
Your Lever API key will grant CodeSignal's system access to the specified data in your Lever account.
1. Navigate to the Settings > Integrations and API page in Lever.
2. Scroll down to the "Assessments" section and click the toggle for CodeSignal.
3. The toggle icon will turn orange, and the section will expand. Click the "Generate New Key" button. The system will inform you which permissions the integration with CodeSignal will authorize.
4. Navigate to the Lever ATS Credentials page on CodeSignal. Then paste the API key and test it by clicking the Test button. Once the test is successful, click Save.
Enter Your Lever Webhook Signing Token to CodeSignal
A webhook signing token allows Lever's system to confirm that the requests made by CodeSignal on behalf of you are authorized by you.
1. Click the "Webhooks" tab.
2. Scroll down to the "Webhook signing token" section. Then, copy the value shown under "Signature Token."
3. Paste the webhook signing token to the Credentials section on the CodeSignal Lever Integration page. Click Save.
Customize the Lever/CodeSignal Integration
1. Update the Notification Setting: You can trigger notifications to all Lever users following a candidate when an assessment note is posted to the candidate. In the Assessment Results Notification dropdown, choose your preferred notification setting.
2. Choose Trigger Stages: Navigate to the Configuration tab and add all stages that you want to trigger a CodeSignal assessment in the Choose Trigger Stages field. Whenever a candidate is moved into one of the selected stages in Lever, a CodeSignal assessment selection link will be added to the corresponding Lever opportunity.
3. Choose the Default Lever User: Under the Choose Default Lever User dropdown select the user from your Lever account who you want to display as the author of the notes and other resources created by the CodeSignal integration. (You can also create and use a dummy account like CodeSignal Integration to clarify that these notes are written automatically.)
Configure the Candidate Stage Change Webhook in Lever
This step allows your Lever account to automatically inform CodeSignal about candidate stage change events. CodeSignal will then check these events for any match with the "trigger stages" you've selected in the previous step as those events take place.
1. Navigate to the CodeSignal Lever Integration page and copy the value displayed in the Webhook URL field.
2. Navigate to the Settings > Integrations and API page in Lever.
2. Click the "Webhooks" tab to go to the "Webhook configuration" section. Click the toggle for "Candidate Stage Change" and click the "+ Add webhook" button.
3. Add your configuration URL and click the "Verify Connection" button.
Once you see that the connection is verified, you are all set.
Please check out the next article, Send CodeSignal Certification Requests and Tests from Lever, to see how you can start sending tests from Lever.