You can use CodeSignal and Lever together to both send candidates coding assessments and receive the scores directly in Lever.
This article explains the detailed steps to set up the CodeSignal <> Lever integration. Don't forget to check out its related article, Send CodeSignal Certification Requests and Tests from Lever, once you've completed the set-up steps.For CodeSignal Interview, please use CodeSignal Chrome Extension to generate and send new CodeSignal interview sessions in Lever. Check out the following articles:
- Your organization must have the ATS Integration feature enabled for your CodeSignal account
- You must have a CodeSignal user type of Admin
- Your organization must have the Data API feature or the Enterprise plan for your Lever account
- You must have a Lever role of Super Admin
- Generate a Lever API Key for the Lever/CodeSignal Integration
- Enter Your Lever Webhook Signing Token to CodeSignal
- Customize the Lever/CodeSignal Integration
- Configure the Candidate Stage Change Webhook in Lever
Generate a Lever API Key for the Lever/CodeSignal IntegrationYour Lever API key will grant CodeSignal's system to access the specified data in your Lever account.
1. Navigate to the Settings > Integrations and API page in Lever.
2. Click the "API Credentials" tab and scroll down to the "Lever API credentials" section. Then, click the "Generate New Key" button.
3. The section will expand. Enter "CodeSignal Integration" in the key name field. Then scroll down to the Permissions section and select the necessary permissions.
We recommend that you limit the permissions to what's only necessary instead of choosing "Select all" as the best practice. The following permissions are needed for the CodeSignal <> Lever integration:
- read stage
- read opportunity note
- read opportunity interview
- read opportunity application
- read opportunity
- list users
- list tags
- list stages
- list sources
- list opportunity notes
- list opportunity interviews
- list opportunity applications
- upload opportunity file
- update opportunity stage
- update opportunity interview
- remove opportunity tag
- remove opportunity link
- delete opportunity note
- delete opportunity interview
- delete opportunity file
- create opportunity note
- create opportunity interview
- add opportunity tag
- add opportunity link
4. Navigate to the Lever ATS Credentials page on CodeSignal. Then paste the API key and test it by clicking the Test button. Once the test is successful, click Save.
Enter Your Lever Webhook Signing Token to CodeSignal
A webhook signing token allows Lever's system to confirm that the requests made by CodeSignal on behalf of you are authorized by you.
1. Click the "Webhooks" tab.
2. Scroll down to the "Webhook signing token" section. Then, copy the value shown under "Signature Token."
3. Paste the webhook signing token to the Credentials section on the CodeSignal Lever Integration page. Click Save.
Customize the Lever/CodeSignal Integration
1. Update the Notification Setting: You can trigger notifications to all Lever users following a candidate when an assessment note is posted to the candidate. In the Assessment Results Notification dropdown, choose your preferred notification setting.
2. Choose Trigger Stages: Navigate to the Configuration tab and add all stages that you want to trigger a CodeSignal assessment in the Choose Trigger Stages field. Whenever a candidate is moved into one of the selected stages in Lever, a CodeSignal assessment selection link will be added to the corresponding Lever opportunity.
3. Choose the Default Lever User: Under the Choose Default Lever User dropdown select the user from your Lever account who you want to display as the author of the notes and other resources created by the CodeSignal integration. (You can also create and use a dummy account like CodeSignal Integration to clarify that these notes are written automatically.)
Configure the Candidate Stage Change Webhook in Lever
This step allows your Lever account to automatically inform CodeSignal about candidate stage change events. CodeSignal will then check these events for any match with the "trigger stages" you've selected in the previous step as those events take place.
1. Copy the value displayed in the Webhook URL field on the CodeSignal Lever Integration page.
2. Navigate to the Settings > Integrations and API page in Lever.
2. Click the "Webhooks" tab to go to the "Webhook configuration" section. Click the toggle for "Candidate Stage Change" and click the "+ Add webhook" button.
3. Add your configuration URL and click the "Verify Connection" button.
Once you see that the connection is verified, you are all set.
Please check out the next article, Send CodeSignal Certification Requests and Tests from Lever, to see how you can start sending tests from Lever.