You can use CodeSignal and Lever together to both send candidates coding assessments and receive the scores directly in Lever.This article explains the detailed steps to set up the CodeSignal <> Lever integration.
After you've completed the set-up, check out this article on sending assessment requests from Lever:
To schedule CodeSignal interview sessions from Lever, use the CodeSignal Chrome Extension. Check out the following articles for instructions:
- Your organization must have the ATS Integration feature enabled for your CodeSignal account
- You must have a CodeSignal user type of Admin
- Your organization must have the Data API feature or the Enterprise plan for your Lever account
- You must have a Lever role of Super Admin
Skip to a step
- Generate a Lever API Key for the Lever <> CodeSignal Integration
- Enter Your Lever Webhook Signing Token to CodeSignal
- Customize the Lever <> CodeSignal Integration
Generate a Lever API Key for the Lever <> CodeSignal IntegrationYour Lever API key will grant CodeSignal's system to access the specified data in your Lever account.
1. Navigate to the Settings > Integrations and API page in Lever.
2. Click the API CREDENTIALS tab and scroll down to the "Lever API credentials" section. Then, click the "Generate New Key" button.
3. The section will expand. In the Key name field, enter the following text:
4. Click the COPY KEY button. Do not skip this step.
5. Scroll down to the Permissions section and select the necessary permissions.
We recommend that you limit the permissions to what's necessary instead of choosing "Select all" as the best practice. The following permissions are needed for the CodeSignal <> Lever integration:
- read user
- read stage
- read opportunity note
- read opportunity interview
- read opportunity application
- read opportunity
- list users
- list tags
- list stages
- list sources
- list opportunity notes
- list opportunity interviews
- list opportunity applications
- upload opportunity file
- update opportunity stage
- update opportunity interview
- remove opportunity tag
- remove opportunity link
- delete opportunity note
- delete opportunity interview
- delete opportunity file
- create opportunity note
- create opportunity interview
- add opportunity tag
- add opportunity link
7. Navigate to the Lever ATS Credentials page on CodeSignal. Then, paste the API key and test it by clicking the TEST button. Once the test is successful, click SAVE.
Enter Your Lever Webhook Signing Token to CodeSignal
A webhook signing token allows Lever's system to confirm that the requests made by CodeSignal on behalf of you are authorized by you. CodeSignal will then check these events for any match with the "trigger stages" you select as those events take place.
1. From the CONFIGURATION tab on the Lever ATS Integration page in CodeSignal, copy the value displayed in the Webhook URL field.
2. In another tab, navigate to the Integrations and API page under your Lever settings. Click the WEBHOOKS tab. Under Webhook configuration, toggle on CANDIDATE STATE CHANGE.
3. Under CANDIDATE STAGE CHANGE and click the + Add webhook button. Add your configuration URL and click the VERIFY CONNECTION button.
4. After the connection has been verified, click the down arrow to the right of your configuration URL (if this section is collapsed). Then, copy the value shown in the Signature token field.
3. Paste the webhook signing token to the Credentials section on the CodeSignal Lever Integration page. Click SAVE.
Customize the Lever <> CodeSignal Integration
1. Update the Notification Setting: You can trigger notifications to all Lever users following a candidate when an assessment note is posted to the candidate. In the Assessment Results Notification dropdown, choose your preferred notification setting.
2. Choose Trigger Stages: Navigate to the CONFIGURATION tab and add all stages that you want to trigger a CodeSignal assessment in the Choose Trigger Stages field. Whenever a candidate is moved into one of the selected stages in Lever, a CodeSignal assessment selection link will be added to the corresponding Lever opportunity.
3. Choose the Default Lever User: Under the Choose Default Lever User dropdown select the user from your Lever account who you want to display as the author of the notes and other resources created by the CodeSignal integration.
Note: You can also create and use a dummy account like "CodeSignal Integration" to clarify that these notes are written automatically.
Please check out the next article, Send CodeSignal Certification Requests and Tests from Lever, to see how you can start sending tests from Lever.
Questions? Contact email@example.com