CodeSignal Interview is an easy to use tool to manage your technical interview sessions remotely. This article will explore the features and functionality available in the CodeSignal Interview dashboard.
You will learn how to:
- Create an interview session
- Search and find candidates in the interview funnel
- Review a candidate's interview session
We also have an excellent video resource which walks you through the functionality of CodeSignal Interview in more detail.
Once you log into CodeSignal, click on Interview to navigate into the CodeSignal Interview dashboard.
Create a New Interview Session
From the CodeSignal Interview dashboard, you are able to create new interview sessions by clicking the + Create Interview tab at the top right of the window.
Optional: Enter the candidate's name and create a new label or use an existing one if desired. If you are utilizing CodeSignal Teams, as the Admin you can also assign the interview to a specific team.
You have two options to continue forward from here:ss
- Go to Interview - Access the interview session immediately by clicking go to interview
- Create - An interview session will be created and an access link will be available to share with the interviewer
Once you move forward with either option, an interview link will be available to share with both the candidate and interviewer. Click on the link icon (beside the pencil icon) to copy the link to your clipboard. Note, both the candidate and interviewer will access the session via the same link.
Search and Find Candidates in the Interview Funnel
During the interview process, candidates will be in one of three stages:
- Pending - interview session has been created, but has yet to begin
- Active - the session is moved to this state once the candidate and interviewer both click on the interview link (note this can happen in advance of the live interview if both click on the link beforehand)
- Finished - the interviewer has officially completed the interview by clicking the Finish button during the live session
On the CodeSignal dashboard under filters icon, you are able to search for candidates across all three interview stages by name, email or label. You can also search by:
- Author - Person who created the interview session
- Interviewer - Person assigned to conduct the interview session
- Status - Candidate's stage in the CodeSignal interview process
Review a Candidate's Completed Interview Session Results
Once the Interviewer has officially ended the interview session, the results will be available to view. The interview will be in the Finished status with a timestamp marking the date and time the Interviewer completed the session.
From here, it is easy to view a replay of the candidate's interview session by clicking on the candidate's name in the Interview dashboard.
Click on the Solutions icon to view a replay from the candidate's interview session and also see a PDF record if Whiteboard and/or Jupyter notebooks were utilized in the interview.
Note, if audio/video tools were used, they are not recorded and therefore not viewable in the replay. What you can see is all of the key strokes from the interview session by both the candidate and interviewer.
If an interviewer left feedback regarding the candidate's interview session, you are able to view it under the Feedback tab in the interview replay.
Questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org