In this article, you will learn how to navigate the dashboard for CodeSignal Test.
You will first need to log into your company's CodeSignal account and click on Test.
The CodeSignal Test dashboard has two main areas where you will manage your tests:
The first tab you will see is the Results tab. Here, you are able to perform the following tasks:
- Invite candidates to take tests
- Search for a candidate's completed test results
- See an overview of your test's completion record
Invite candidates to take a test
Click the +Invite button in the top right, above the test results overview dashboard.
From here, fill in the following details before clicking Create Invitation:
- Select the test to send to the candidate by finding your test in the drop down menu.
- Add the candidate's name and email in the provided fields.
- Select an expiration date which will expire the test URL after the specified timeframe. We recommend 2 weeks as a best practice, however you have options from 1 day to 6 months.
- Optional: Send out additional test invitations to candidates by clicking the +Add More Candidates button.
Click Send Invite to email a link to the test session directly to the candidate. You can also grab the test link in the next step.
Search for a candidate's completed test results
From the Results tab, search for a candidate by name or email in the search field to find results from any test taken across your platform. Searching for a candidate from here will show you if the candidate has taken another test for your company, as well.
See an overview of your test's completion record
The test completion dashboard shows you how many times your tests have been completed by candidates across all of your tests. You can see specifically how many times your tests have been completed by:
- Six month span
- Overall to date
The second tab is the Tests tab, to the right of the Results tab. Navigate to the Tests tab to perform the following tasks:
- Create tests
- Search and view your current tests
To start, within the Tests tab, click the +Create button in the top right.
We have several test templates already built out by skillset so you can get a jump start on assessing candidates. If you prefer, you do have the option to build your own test with "Custom (No Template)" as the template selection. Click the Start button to start building your test
For more detailed instructions, the Create a Test in CodeSignal article walks you through creating a test step-by-step.
Search and view your current tests
Any test you have created (and not deleted) will appear under the Tests tab. If you have several tests, you can search by test name or label in the search bar to easily find the test you need to access.
Questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance!