You can send your candidates CodeSignal Pre-Screen assessments (both Certify and Test invitations) directly from Greenhouse. This article will cover how to:
- Invite an individual candidate to take a CodeSignal Pre-Screen assessment
- Invite multiple candidates to take a CodeSignal Pre-Screen assessment
- Your organization has a working integration in place with Greenhouse. (If you are not sure whether the integration is in place, please check with your Greenhouse Admin to confirm. You may read more about the set up process in the article Greenhouse Integration: Setup Guide.)
- You have provided your Greenhouse Account Manager with the
assessment API keythat was created during your Greenhouse integration process (step 10 in the setup guide).
- You must be logged in to your CodeSignal account.
Invite an individual candidate to take a CodeSignal Pre-Screen assessment
Below is a video walk-through showing how to invite a candidate to take a CodeSignal test from Greenhouse:
- Open the candidate's profile in Greenhouse.
2. Select the CodeSignal Pre-Screen (formerly CodeSignal Test) stage.
3. Click Send Test.
4. Select the Pre-Screen assessment that you want to send, as well as the name of the person who should grade (evaluate) the assessment. The candidate's email address will be auto-populated.
5. Once the assessment has been sent, Greenhouse will display its status (e.g., "Sent").
You can check the candidate’s status for Pre-Screen(Certify/Test) in two places, depending on your integration setup:
- The candidate’s Activity Feed.
- The candidate’s Custom Fields.
- NOTE: Custom Fields are available for Greenhouse customers with an Advanced or Expert account only.
Note: For companies that have been migrated to PreScreen and Coding Score 2023, please find the relevant PreScreen statuses below:
- Actively working
- Not verified
For those companies who have yet to be migrated to the PreScreen, you can find the following Certify and Test statuses below:
Pre-Screen Certify statuses:
Invited- candidate has been invited to complete the assessment.
Submitted- candidate has submitted the assessment.
Not verified- relevant to proctored assessments only, this status indicates that a candidate's response has been rejected by the proctor.
Certified- relevant to proctored assessments only, this status indicates that a candidate's result has been verified by the proctor.
Expired (No attempt)- a candidate has not completed the assessment within the given time period.
Expired (Not verified)- Time-based evolution of not verified status. Eventually, not verified statuses will be archived as expired (not verified).
Pre-Screen Test statuses:
Completed- the candidate has completed the assessment.
Pending- the candidate has been invited to complete the assessment, but has not yet completed it.
Expired- the candidate did not complete the assessment within the given time period.
6. Once the Pre-Screen assessment is completed, the candidate's score will be recorded in the respective Greenhouse stage, and the grader will be notified via email to review the candidate's result and complete a scorecard in Greenhouse.
Note: Greenhouse updates scores once every hour, so there may be a small delay between a candidate's completion of a Pre-Screen and the recording of their score in Greenhouse.
7. Once the grader has completed their scorecard, their overall recommendation for the candidate will also be displayed along with the candidate's score in the CodeSignal Pre-Screen stage on the candidate's profile in Greenhouse.
8. Click "CodeSignal Pre-Screen" at this stage to view a summary of the candidate's score broken down by task.
9. When viewing the summary of results, you can click View Report to view the candidate's results (including coding replays) in detail on CodeSignal.
Invite multiple candidates to take a CodeSignal Pre-Screen assessment
1. From the All Jobs tab, choose the job in question.
2. Go to the Candidates tab and click Bulk Actions.
3. Select candidates and click on Edit Selected.
4. From here, click Send Tests.
5. Select the CodeSignal Pre-Screen assessment that you want to send, as well as the name of the person who should grade (evaluate) the assessment.
6. To send the invitations, click Send Test.
A note on known limitations:
Please be aware of a few functions that are not currently possible due to limitations with the platforms. We will continue to develop the CodeSignal/Greenhouse integration, and hope to provide this functionality as new product enhancements are released by Greenhouse.
Greenhouse allows a single result only per job application.
Evaluation results cannot be updated after they are populated.
There is no way to resend an invitation from Greenhouse.
There is no way to cancel an invitation from Greenhouse.
There is no way to merge two Greenhouse candidate profiles together.
There is no way to track public links within Greenhouse.
There is no synchronization with Greenhouse if you send an invitation from CodeSignal directly (inviting through CodeSignal does not automatically show up in Greenhouse).
There is no way to configure evaluation invitations from Greenhouse — they all have to be done through CodeSignal (i.e. changing invitation completion deadlines).