In this article, we describe the steps of how to create a test in CodeSignal.
1. Log in to CodeSignal and open the PRE-SCREEN drop-down menu. Click on TEST.
2. Click the TESTS tab and then + CREATE.
3. Enter an Internal Title for the test and select a Duration. This is the amount of time that candidates will have to complete the test once it has begun. We recommend keeping the test to 90 minutes or less. Click + Add Questions to choose questions from our question library. For Duration you have 2 options:
a. SELECT TIME: you can choose from the list.
b. Custom (mins): you can set the time in minutes manually.
5. Click + Add a Question Slot to choose questions from our question library.
6. By default, we will show you all questions. From here you can filter questions by “Type”, "Coding Format", "Question Format", "Supported Languages, "Testing Tool", “Sort by”, “Created by”,“Labels” as well as by Min Avg and Max Avg Solve Time. Also, you can filter questions you have previously favorited by toggling on “My Favorites”.
7. Once you have identified a question you would like to include in your test, click on the "+" button to select it. To proceed click the arrow toward the bottom right of the screen.
To delete the selected question, go to the SELECTED QUESTION tab and click on the "-" button.
Note: for more information about randomizing the questions in each question slot, see the following support article:
8. Limit Solutions By Language
You can limit solutions to your question to a specific language or multiple languages. By default, all languages available for a given question will be selected. To narrow the languages in which developers can write solutions, unselect "Select All" and choose your languages of interest.
9. Assign Slot Score
Additionally, on this page, you can also assign a specific score to your question. By default, coding questions are worth 300 points, but you can increase or decrease this score as you see fit.
Click DONE to save your selections, and add more questions as you see fit.
Best Practice: For the best candidate experience, we recommend including 2 or 3 coding questions within a 90 minute test.
9. Configure Your Test
For configuring your test you have 3 options:
Learn more about configuring the details of your test in this article:
From here you can customize the candidate-facing test title.
10. When you’ve finished customizing your new test, click CREATE. Congratulations! You've just created a new test to send to your candidates. Learn how to send your test to developers in this article:
Questions on how to create or configure a test? Please email email@example.com to get in touch with us!