1. Login to CodeSignal and click on TEST.
2. Click the TESTS tab and then + CREATE.
3. You may select a pre-existing template or move forward with No Template Selected to create a new test from scratch.
4. Enter a Title for the test and select a Duration. This is the amount of time that candidates will have to complete the test once it has begun. We recommend keeping the test brief at 90 minutes or less). Click + Add Tasks to choose tasks from our task library.
For Duration you have 2 options:
- SELECT TIME: you can choose from the list.
- CUSTOM (MINS): you can set the time manually.
5. Click + Add a Task Slot to choose tasks from our task library.
6. By default, we will show you all tasks. From here you can filter tasks by “Type”, “Sort by”, “Created by” and “Labels”. Also, you can filter tasks you have previously Favorited by toggling on “My Favorites”.
Once you have identified a task you would like to include in your test, select it and click the arrow toward the bottom right of the screen to proceed.
7. Limit Solutions By Language
You can limit solutions to your task to a specific language or multiple languages. By default, all languages available for a given task will be selected. To narrow the languages in which developers can write solutions, unselect "Select All" and choose your languages of interest.
8. Assign Slot Score
Additionally, on this page, you can also assign a specific score to your task. By default, coding tasks are worth 300 points, but you can increase or decrease this score as you see fit.
Click DONE to save your selections, and add more tasks as you see fit.
Best Practice: For the best candidate experience, we recommend including 2 or 3 coding tasks within a 90 minute test.
8. Configure Your Test
For configuring your test you have 3 options:
When you’ve finished customizing your new test, click CREATE. Congrats! You've just created a new test to send to your candidates. Learn how to send your test to developers here.
Questions on how to create or configure your test? Please email email@example.com to get in touch with us!