Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the product updates are so delightful! Our Product and Engineering teams have been working on some great features to round off the year. We're highlighting two new updates:
- New question type for Interviews: Code Review
- Simplified question library in Interview
New question type for Interviews: Code Review
We're adding a new question type to Interviews to offer even more insight into a candidate's preparation. This new question type, Code Review, allows you to see how candidates evaluate code in a version control system.
Giving feedback on code is a common on-the-job task in many technical positions. With Code Review questions, you'll be able to see how a candidate interacts with someone else's code. In this type of question, candidates can view files that were deleted, created, or modified within a filesystem, and comment on lines of code. This can help you understand the quality of the candidate's feedback.
If you're interested in leveraging this new question type, talk to your CSM about creating your own Code Review questions.
And learn more about implementing questions in your interviews with these articles:
Simplified question library in Interview
Once you’ve started an Interview session, the Questions tab makes it easy to bring up any of your team’s questions in the CodeSignal UI. Now we're making it easier than ever to use the question library to run your Interviews.
The new question library interface is simplified, with your most common filters at the forefront. More detailed filters now live in the "Advanced" section. All of your questions are still at your fingertips—but now it's even easier to find the one you're looking for!
Upgrade your Interviews further with our primer on prep steps:
Here's a comprehensive list of everything else we pushed live in December, grouped by product area:
- New public links will now require an expiration date
- Optionally, you can also set an activation date for public links
- Added support for a participant list in Interview
- Fixed a bug where the first action in the native whiteboard could not be undone
- Fixed a bug where code updates would sometimes track incorrectly after a temporary network disconnection
- Added support for recording longer Advanced Assessment sessions in their entirety, including progressive format questions
- All CSV downloads will now be sent via email, rather than being downloaded through the UI
- Improved counting mechanism for user permissions tracking
- Expanded feedback survey to include more aspects of the candidate experience
- Pre-Screens now track active candidate sessions more effectively to prevent lockout
- Deprecated support for CoCalc integration
- Fixed a bug where progressive workspace questions would occasionally reload within a session