There's no tricks in this month's CodeSignal product updates, only treats! Our Product and Engineering teams have some great new features to share this season:
- Three new Certified Evaluations available to pilot
- Suspicion Score information now available in GraphQL
- Introducing Interview Waiting Room
Three new Certified Evaluations available to pilot
We have three new Certified Evaluations ready to pilot, targeting the fast-growing areas of Cloud Engineering, Cloud Security, and Site Reliability Engineering.
The Cloud Engineering Certified Evaluation covers foundational skill areas including cloud application development, cloud data stores, cloud security, and cloud operations. Like all of our Certified Evaluations, this Pre-Screen leverages a validated Skills Evaluation Framework to gain insight into candidate skills in real-world situations.
For positions requiring more experienced cloud security engineering skills, the Cloud Security Certified Evaluation hones in on security architecture, governance, and operations. It also covers network and infrastructure security, Identity and Access Management (IAM), data security, and security and compliance logging and monitoring.
Finally, the Site Reliability Engineering Certified Evaluation encompasses core skill areas for SREs, from deployment strategies and redundancy to system monitoring and coding for system resilience. This framework can help evaluate candidates on a broad range of foundational skills, using realistic environments and role-specific questions.
Customers interested in joining the pilot for any of these Certified Evaluations should contact their CSM or email email@example.com for access.
Learn more about Certified Evaluations here:
Suspicion Score information now available in GraphQL
The CodeSignal GraphQL API is an excellent tool for automating workflows and querying data from a CodeSignal instance. Now, CodeSignal customers using the GraphQL API will be able to make easy use of Suspicion Score without having to refer to the Coding Report.
Dive deeper into Suspicion Score and the CodeSignal APIs with these articles:
Introducing Interview Waiting Room
Interviewers can now take advantage of an Interview waiting room to prepare for meeting a candidate, without needing to worry that the candidate will join early.
No longer do you need to divide your attention between small talk with a candidate and IDE setup. Candidates will now wait in CodeSignal's digital lobby while you set up the environment and questions. When you're ready, let the candidate in by clicking "Start Interview."
Explore other Interview features here:
Here's a comprehensive list of everything else we pushed live in October, grouped by product area:
- Added functionality for quickly changing Cosmo settings when setting up a Pre-Screen
- Chat messaging is now available to all users in Interview
- The first-party whiteboard is now available as the default for all new customer accounts
- PDF downloads are now available for new Coding Report features like Code Quality, Suspicion Score, and Cosmo transcript
- Candidates can now choose their execution environment before starting a Pre-Screen containing filesystem questions
- Increased discoverability for selecting a default language before starting a Pre-Screen