In February, our Engineering teams were hard at work behind the scenes with improvements to product performance, updates, and bug fixes across product areas—on top of some awesome improvements to filesystem tasks.
This month we’re highlighting two product updates that enhance user experience for both companies and candidates:
- Companies can now set up score range labels for certified assessments
- Candidates have more options for managing their requests and results
Configure score range labels for certified assessment results
While users already had the ability to add labels to certified assessment results, now you can configure labels to be applied automatically to results that fall within custom-defined score ranges.
If you do not want to override labels assigned to existing certified assessment results, you can choose to “preserve historical labels.” In this case, score range labels will be applied only to new results that come in after the new labels have been configured.
For more information, see this Knowledge Base article:
Choose from new options to manage requests and results in Test Center
Two related improvements to the Test Center give candidates new options for responding to companies’ certification requests and for viewing the status of assessments they have already taken.
First, candidates are now able to “decline” requests to take any certified assessment they have not yet started—even assessments for which they previously agreed to share results with specific companies. Candidates will see the option to TAKE TEST or DECLINE in their Test Center.
Second, candidates can now view certified assessments which have not yet been certified or which they chose not to take under new PENDING and DECLINED tabs in the Past Results section of their Test Center.
Here's a comprehensive list of everything else we pushed live in February, grouped by product area:
- Publicly-visible test results that were not directly shared with a company will no longer be shown in company-facing Coding Reports or shared with ATS integrations/webhooks.
- Progress footer and “Take Photo” slide of the proctoring setup workflow have been updated for improved user experience.
- Fixed an issue where extended duration wasn't respected for new certification requests if there was already an expired request without the same extended duration.
- No longer possible to (incorrectly) sort results by the Duration column of the Pending table.
- Two improvements to managing active interviews:
- Interviewers who have an active session in progress will now see a notification in the header reminding them of the ongoing session.
- Interviewers can now see and extend the expiration of an active interview from inside the interview. This will reset the expiration to 24 hours from the current time.
- It is now possible to edit read-only files when creating a filesystem task. Users no longer need to remove and later re-add the read-only tag.
- Fixed an issue with edit permissions in review mode.
- Task validation now supports filesystem tasks with different solutions of the same verdict.
- How CodeSignal saves the editor’s “view state” and undo/redo have been improved. CodeSignal now saves cursor selection, visible ranges, and undo/redo stack for each tab if you switch between tabs. Previously, CodeSignal only saved cursor position.
- Improved quality-of-life for filesystem tasks: two files with the same name but different paths will now be differentiated in the editor by showing a unique title. The full path will be shown on hover.
- Fixed a bug where drafts would occasionally be lost for frontend tasks.
- Coderunner v4.11.1 release
- Express library is installed for JS tasks
- TypeScript errors will now be parsed to show original line number
- Newlines are now supported in string inputs for C++, CoffeeScript, Ruby, TypeScript
- C++ solutions with a comment on last line no longer cause errors
- In combination with main app changes, DevOps tasks now show stderr
- Fixed an issue that prevented the System.Net.Http assembly from being referenced in C# solutions for DevOps tasks. (Relevant to API questions.)
- Fixed a bug where new credit card information was not being added for users attempting to restart a previously canceled self-service plan.
- Candidates can now see certification requests on the "agree to share with" (autoshare) screen for tests they have not yet started—even if they previously agreed to share results. They can also change their decision about sharing results here.
- CodeSignal removed Tournament mode from the B2C side of the site.