May the product updates be with you! Here are our favorites from the CodeSignal Product and Engineering teams this month:
- Create Certified Evaluations: Pre-Screens backed by a Skills Evaluation Framework
- Introducing Coding Score 2023
- Easily locate your most recently used Interview questions
Create Certified Evaluation: Pre-Screens backed by a Skills Evaluation Framework
Certified Evaluations (Pre-Screens backed by a Skills Evaluation Framework) eliminate the work of manually building questions, while mitigating question leak concerns, and reducing bias in the hiring process. We’re excited to announce that customers can now directly leverage our library of Skills Evaluation Frameworks when building a Pre-Screen, and customize the assessment name and messaging. When you use a Skills Evaluation Framework instead of custom questions, all of the hard work building and maintaining questions is done for you, and you benefit from the stronger, more objective signal of skill that comes with our rigorous, four-step validation process for each Skills Evaluation Framework.
Many CodeSignal customers use one Skills Evaluation Framework for multiple use cases. For example, a multinational organization might use the Data Analytics Framework to evaluate candidates for a team in Denmark and a team in the US. These different teams have different needs, and may need to customize scoring thresholds, expiration timelines, or email messaging, among other variables. To meet the needs of these various teams, companies can create multiple Pre-Screens using the same Skills Evaluation Framework, and customize the settings as required.
If you have questions about the timing of the rollout, talk to your CSM or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the full article for more details.
Introducing Coding Score 2023
Coding Score 2023 is a recalibrated scoring system for all CodeSignal Skills Evaluation Frameworks. This new system is designed to maintain scoring consistency across Skills Evaluation Frameworks, increase the precision of measuring candidate skills, and improve the fairness of evaluation results. This feature also began rolling out to customers in batches this month.
The Coding Score rollout includes an updated Coding Report that helps give a visual representation of a candidate’s proficiency in various skill areas, giving you (and your candidates) more directional feedback on strengths and areas for development. Customers that have transitioned to Coding Score 2023 can find the detailed information screen by selecting any individual assessment result.
And read up more on Coding Score 2023 with these articles:
Easily locate your most recently used Interview questions
Interviewers tend to have a few favorite questions in their back pockets. Now, we've made it easier than ever to locate your most-used Interview questions. The QuickStart menu will now display the most recent four questions used in an Interview, allowing interviewers to find those questions quickly and easily.
From the QuickStart menu, click any question in the "Recently Used" section to open it in the Interview.
For more on Interviews, check out these helpful articles:
Here's a comprehensive list of everything else we pushed live in May, grouped by product area:
- During the transition to Certified Evaluations, candidates will still be able to take Pre-Screen Certify tests.
- When a collaborator in a workspace question switches terminals, anyone following that collaborator will also see their terminal switch.
- Code run using a hotkey will now trigger a save.
- The "Time Spent" metric is now named "Time Open" to better reflect that it reports the time the candidate spends with the CodeSignal tab open during the assessment.
- Added two fields to GraphQL: timeOpen and totalTimeClosed.
- Customers who have transitioned to Coding Score 2023 will be able to create score range labels corresponding to Coding Score 2023 ranges.
- New customers will see the consolidated Pre-Screen and Coding Score 2023 automatically, without needing to transition their account.
- PDF Interview Coding Reports will now show full names for templates.
- Coding sessions will extend automatically up to 24 hours, as long as candidate remains active.
- The Demographic survey is now available to candidates taking a Pre-Screen assessment using a shareable link.