April showers bring… updates from the CodeSignal Product and Engineering teams! We're shining a spotlight on two of our favorite recent product updates:
- New toggle for viewing highest-scoring or latest solution
- Bulk candidate invite via CSV import
New toggle for viewing highest-scoring or latest solution
We've added more flexibility when reviewing coding solutions in replays, in both Pre-Screen Coding Reports and Interview. Previously, coding replays would show the candidate's most recent solution, which was not necessarily their highest-scoring one. With this update, you'll be able to choose whether to view the candidate's highest-scoring solution or latest solution.
By default, CodeSignal will now show the highest-scoring solution across Pre-Screen Coding Reports and Interview. To toggle to the latest solution in Interview, click the blue carrot icon to the left side of the candidate's name and select "Prefer Latest State."
In Pre-Screen Coding Reports, the toggle is available on the bottom right in the coding report diff view, and next to Fork Solution in the coding replay. Click on the "Latest State" button to select the highest-scoring solution view.
Check out these articles to learn more about Interview and Pre-Screen:
- Quick Start Guide: Interview
- Quick Start Guide: Pre-Screen
- Searching, reviewing, and sharing a candidate's interview coding replay
Bulk candidate invite via CSV upload
For users who don't include "making API calls" on their list of favorite hobbies, we've added a simple-to-use CSV upload feature for bulk inviting candidates to private links. Private links are a great way of connecting a large group of candidates to an assessment, but manually entering candidate names and emails can get tedious. Although users have been able for a while now to make API calls to automate this data entry, this update means everyone can bulk invite candidates quickly and easily, regardless of their comfort level with APIs.
To take advantage of this feature, click "Invite" and tab over to "Upload CSV" in the popup. Then upload your formatted CSV, and we'll take care of the rest. Our CSV uploader can process names, emails, and existing labels, to make inviting candidates in bulk as easy as possible.
Learn more about how to send invitations with this article:
Here's a comprehensive list of everything else we pushed live in April, grouped by product area:
- Candidates will now be prompted to close other applications and browsers earlier during proctoring setup.
- Screenshares and videos shared by a candidate will automatically restart when the candidate resets their proctoring setup.
- Candidates will now see a prompt to complete an optional demographic survey before starting an assessment.
- If a candidate has not yet made any code changes, switching between code languages in the IDE will not surface the "leave without submitting?" modal.
- Participants can now all follow each other, except as needed to avoid a cyclical following pattern.
- Participants can now preview their audio and video devices within an Interview to make sure those devices are working as intended.
- Candidates will now see Zoom links for scheduled Tech Screens displayed in the candidate portal.
- Participants can now drag the whiteboard tool to reposition it during an Interview.
- The UI preview in Frontend Advanced Assessment questions will now automatically refresh after code changes.
- Enhanced discoverability for some features in single-function questions, making changes in input, output, console, and errors more visible.
- Question descriptions now list memory limit size.